goldbizs.com

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Work

So I don't know about you, but I missed the inauguration speech today because of work. But, I don't feel like I missed anything. If I did, please let me know. 

Anyways, I am currently watching a show on future cars and they have a diesel car that can hit 155 mph at 113 mpg. Now you tell me that that's not amazing! Oh yeah, it's made by Opel, so I don't think it'll be hitting the US streets anytime soon, but we can hope... 

I said in my first post that I would cover some tech stuff too, so here's my excel tip of the day: if you want to count the cells that fall into a certain range, good luck. The formula (which I added below for your pleasure) is sort of a loop around to get it. I even talked to a Microsoft technician today who couldn't help me. It took several hours of searching the internet before I found the solution. Ok, here is the example:

This equation was just to count the cells in a group (range, C4:I4) that fell within 210 and 219, =COUNTIF(C4:I4,">="210)-COUNTIF(C4:I4,">="220)
Now lets break it down and explain how it works:
The first part {=COUNTIF(C4:I4,">="210)-} is simply counting the number of cells in the range that are equal to or greater than 210, which we will call x.
The second part {COUNTIF(C4:I4,">="220)} is counting the number of cells in the range that are greater than 220, which will be described as y.
Now the total equation simply takes y and subtracts it from x, i.e. x-y, and gives you the number of cells whose value falls between 210 and 219.

Hopefully, I just didn't blow your mind with that, but if I did, please let me know, and I'll try to break it down for you.

-the cydonian

No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube Link (cause I know you can't get enough of it)

legal text

We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies,click here.